- As of July 2014, the US Hispanic population comprised of 17.4% of the total population with 55.4 Million people.
- People of Hispanic origin are the nation’s largest ethnic or racial minority.
- By 2060, the projected Hispanic population will be 119 Million, which will constitute 29% of the nation’s population by that date.
- 55% of the nation’s Hispanic population reside in California, Florida and Texas.
- The median age of the Hispanic population is 28 years old, compared to a median age of 38 for the U.S. total market as a whole.
|% U.S. Hispanic Population
- 73.3% of Hispanics aged 5 and older speak Spanish at home; 38.4 Million U.S. residents.
- Hispanic households are larger than non-Hispanic households with an average of 3.7 persons per household for Hispanics vs. 2.6 persons for non-Hispanics.
- 4.2 Million Hispanics aged 25 or older have a bachelor’s degree or higher; 1.3 Million have advanced degrees (master’s, professional, doctorate).
- Hispanic married couple households with the presence of children under the age of 18 is 56.7% compared to the U.S. average of 40.1%.
- In 2016, US Hispanic registered voters reached a record 27.3 Million.
- Millennials comprise 44% of the Hispanic eligible voters in 2016.
- 1.2 Million Hispanics aged 18 or older are veterans of the U.S. armed forces.
Economic Buying Power
- The total buying power of Hispanics living in the U.S. grew from $1 Trillion in 2010 to $1.3 Trillion in 2013, and is on track to reach $1.6 Trillion by 2018!
- 67% of Hispanics aged 16 years or older are in the civilian labor force.
- The median income for Hispanics in the U.S. is $50,000.
- Hispanics spent more than $40 Billion on new vehicles and automotive leases in 2014.
- Top 500 U.S. marketers are currently allocating about 8.4% of their overall ad spend to Hispanic dedicated efforts, up from 5.5% in 2010.
- Over the past 5 years, the top 500 advertisers have boosted spending in Hispanic targeted media by +63% or 2.7 Billion USD more from $4.3 Billion to $7.1 Billion total.